Sunday 16 March 2014

Head's Welcome Message

Hello, 

Thank you for taking the time to investigate Honsbridge Sixth and our innovative A-level twinning programme and I would like to welcome you to our blog, I hope that it answers many questions you have about who we are and what we are able to offer you. If you have further questions or inquiries, please don't hesitate to get in touch.


I am greatly excited about our inaugural class, the students will be setting out on what I am sure will be a valuable, exciting and rewarding experience and I wish them all the best for their journey. Throughout my time in Malaysia I have been consistently impressed with the calibre of the local A-level students I have had the privilege to teach, their maturity, focus, drive and determination to succeed continue to impress me. I am firmly of the belief that small class sizes and individual attention is the key to success at A-Level. Small class sizes allow a higher level of care, where productive and trusting relationships between student and teacher greatly benefit the student's progress and comprehension.

At Honsbridge Sixth, we aim to fully engage the student with teachers whose interest and knowledge about their subjects inspires the students to fully investigate and develop their understanding and to develop into self-sufficient and independent learners, skills that will greatly benefit them at university.

I am very pleased to have the opportunity to be here at the very start, and I firmly believe that the course, especially the time they spend in the UK, will be of tremendous benefit to the students as it will introduce them to life in a foreign country from a safe and supportive enviroment so that their first year at university is not too much of a shock to the system. They will also have the opportunity to visit many UK cities and university open days, which will allow them to make a fully informed decision when it comes to choosing where they would like to continue their studies and spend the next three or four years of their lives. I am struck by how hard it must be for the local Malaysian students currently attending interviews for medicine in the UK to step off a twelve or eighteen hour flight and then perform at their best, not to mention the cost of flying off at short notice, especially for the Oxford interviews in the peak December period.

I was very impressed when I visited Pembrokeshire College by the quality of the facilities, the new and modern feel of the building, the well equipped laboratories, and the staff whom I had the fortune to meet. I have no doubt that our students will be very well taken care of and will greatly benefit from the experience.


Dr Alistair Furze
MChem Oxf, MPhil PhD Manc, QTS Chest

Head of Sixth


1 comment:

  1. Looks like a good opportunity for A level students.

    ReplyDelete